3,844 TOTAL SQFT
2,757 SQFT ABOVE GRADE
Saturday in the Park!!!
Except this would be every day, because you would LIVE on the park. Can you dig it? Yes you can. Detached and daring you not to fall in love, this grand Victorian dream owns the hearts of all who walk up on Crawford Street. As you read this, somebody is staring at it and imagining their life there.
The only house on the park with clear Southern and Eastern views of the park (and city skyline!) and all the charm and warmth you would imagine. Legally a duplex though currently used as a single family home, it would be very easy to return to a duplex (you hear that investors!?). Not that you need much convincing about just how special this place is BUT there is a private drive for a fleet of cars, enchanting tranquil outdoor space, snazzy family room with wood-burning fireplace, scullery staircase off the kitchen, HUGE basement (masterfully finished) and to top it all off – a separate coach house with a perfect little apartment set up.
Really I could go on (and on and on), but there’s no point. It’s just perfect.
Make sure you see this. You’ve been waiting such a long time.
Things to Love | Sellers’ Words
- I absolutely love my home! I’ve lived here for close to 40 years and raised two children in this amazing, loving home. I never had to worry about them crossing the road or being out of sight – i just opened the gate and let them run. Now my grandchildren do the same.
- My neighbours are my friends. We love and depend on each other in every way from getting an avocado or some lemons/eggs/sugar to sharing wine, dinner and laughs, to keeping an eye on each other’s kids. It’s a very close-knit community.
- Everyday I wake up and breathe in beautiful fresh air from the trees in the park. In the springtime you can catch whiffs of the lilac bushes on the breeze. It’s truly magical.
- I redecorated the garage that my boys used for 30 years and now have a beautiful addition where we can warm up by the wood-burning fireplace and relax.
- The Coach House has been a very popular Air BnB destination! Fully renovated with bathroom, kitchen, living room and separate bedroom.
- This house is full of surprises. After nearly 40 years here I am still be struck by how magical the light coming through the stained glass is or how intricate the hard-carved Victorian details are.
- The front foyer is a showstopper brimming with Victorian charm.
- The second floor is fully equipped for another family. There are a lot of ways to get creative with the rooms and spaces as a multi-family or single family home.
- I love my newly renovated basement! It’s big, warm and comfortable and serves as a great playroom for the grandkids.
- We also added a brand new water heater, high efficiency furnace and central air conditioner.
- Having a full spa-like bathroom combined with my laundry/dressing room is very convenient.
- The shed is great for extra storage! It can hold almost a house worth of stuff.
- Summers at 179 Crawford are the best. The park quiets down around 7PM so dining outdoors under an umbrella or just the night sky is beyond description.
- The driveway parks three SUVs comfortably!
- Trees, lush greenery and fantastic amenities surround me. There is the recently renovated Recreational Centre, Givins-Shaw Public School (HIGHLY rated school) and Artscape Youngplace which all offer fantastic programming for families and kids.
- I love Queen West and Ossington. They feature the best restaurants (Union, La Banane, Nadege Patisserie).
- We are also very close to Little Portugal and Little Italy.
- Great selection of wines at the local LCBO and awesome shopping for everything from Organic food stores, farmers market, world-renowned boutiques with the most unique and one of a kind stuff.
- The trees provide great shade on hot summer days. They help cool and care for 179 Crawford.
- If you are lucky enough to have it you will know first hand all I have said and more that I cannot remember. It is constantly revealing joyful surprises. The house is on sacred ground for me. It has the most welcoming vibe and holds you in awe and comfort.
ROOM descriptions |
Living Room | Parlour style sitting room with beautiful stained glass accents, authentic Victorian details throughout, hardwood floors and original ceiling medallions.
Dining Room | Crown moulding, high ceilings and rich hardwood floors. Full of natural light!
Kitchen | Large eat-in kitchen with views of the park. Loads of storage and finished with high end appliances.
Family Room | Large family room with wood burning fireplace, views of Trinity-Bellwoods Park and walk out to expansive terrace.
Bathroom | Convenient main floor powder room.
Other | Spare room ideal for office or den with beautiful hardwood floors, large windows and walk out to terrace.
Master Bedroom | Beautiful master bedroom with Victorian bay windows, high ceilings, crown moulding and closet space.
Second Bedroom | Second large bedroom with closet and large window. Hardwood floors and crown moulding.
Third Bedroom | Large bedroom with hardwood floors and window overlooking the park.
Office | Extra room ideal for office or small studio with high ceilings and hardwood floors.
Bathroom | 4 piece bathroom.
Recreational Room | Finished basement with ample storage and custom built-ins (shelves and bench seating). Walk-in closet/dressing room as part of the modern 5 piece washroom and spacious bedroom ideal for nanny or in-law suite.
Bedroom | Large bedroom with custom built-in bench seating, hardwood floors and pot lights.
Bathroom | Fabulous spa-like 5-piece bathroom with HUGE glass shower and separate soaker tub. Ensuite dressing room and laundry as well.
Coach House | Private coach house complete with 1 bedroom, full kitchen, hardwood floors, living room and modern 3 piece bathroom.
Backyard | Private fenced in yard (side and back patio) great for entertaining and people watching in the park.
ADDITIONAL information |
Possession | TBD
Property Taxes | $7,101.13 / 2017
Parking | Four car parking
Size | 2,757 Square Feet Above Grade, 3,844 Total Square Feet
- Roof is approximately 8 – 10 years old.
- Coach House renovated in 2016.
- Renovated the basement in 2013 (benching, 5 piece bathroom).
- Upgraded heating, plumbing, air conditioner 2013.
- Upgraded family room with fireplace by placing four steel beams underneath for added support
Inclusions | Washer/dryer in basement, stainless steel oven and gas range on main floor, gas stove on 2nd floor, stove in coach house, 3 white fridges (main floor, 2nd floor and coach house). All electric light fixtures that are not listed in exclusions, all window coverings and all built-ins.
Exclusions | Main floor living room & dining room TV, hallway and kitchen antique light fixtures as well as hallway antique fixtures upstairs are excluded.
About the Neighbourhood | Trinity-Bellwoods
Trinity-Bellwoods, also known as the centre of the universe to all Toronto Hipsters, and frankly they’re not wrong.
Tucked between the Ossington strip, dazzling Queen St. West and bustling Dundas St. W (affectionately referred to as Fundas St. West) lies Trinity-Bellwoods Park. Iconic architecture and top rate amenities line the picturesque streets of this neighbourhood. A full park to call your backyard and community centre are steps away complete with swimming pool, gym and a full roster of family friendly activities.
Day or night you can find some of the best food, drink and coffee in the city at Black Hoof, Cocktail Bar, Union, La Banane, La Cubana, Crafted Coffee and Sam’s James Coffee. Easy access to multiple transit points as well as the Lakeshore or Gardiner Expressway or weekend getaways.